Three Facts About Me


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

After kicking off my blog last week jesting about my lack of direction for my blog posts, I spent the week desperately wracking my brain for inspiration. With the vague promise of a blog every Sunday the pressure to deliver quality content weekly was weighing on me. But what to write about? Anyone who stumbled upon my blog last week (if those views were real and not actually just my mum continuously logging on - HI MUM!) may have had some questions about who I am, I know I would, my first question being, 'Who wears mittens in a home setting?'. I hope the following three facts about me enlighten you a little. If you are reading this, and not my mum, please leave me a comment to let me know that I'm not just talking to myself and without further ado lets jump into the hard core facts.


1. The name Copper Crown came about because of my naturally copper coloured hair. As a teenager, as most teenagers do, I spent my time trying to disguise everything slightly unusual or different about myself. This included me bleaching my red hair blonde until it resembled straw (in both colour and texture). After blonde, which due to the magic of my home salon was striped different shades of blonde as I was too lazy to ensure an equal consistency of powder and liquid, I went jet black. The black completely washed me out and made me look extremely pale and sickly...mostly sickly. Eventually one of my more honest friends sat my pasty arse down and gave me a stern talking to. She told me that my red hair was something that was uniquely me. She told me to wear my hair like a crown, to stand tall and be proud of who I am. After that I embraced my red hair and Copper Crown was born.


2. I was not given a middle name at birth. People find this extremely strange and when filling out paperwork I will often get berated by strangers who yell "You've not written your middle name!". That sounded strange, I don't mean random strangers, I obviously mean the stranger who I am handing my paperwork to. One man once exclaimed "No middle name? Were your parents too poor to give you one?". I didn't know what to say so I just laughed awkwardly and then waddled off as fast as my little legs would carry me.


3. I vacationed in Fishguard, a coastal town in Pembrokeshire, Wales... that's a random fact in itself. Whilst there I got on a local bus and sat next to an elderly Fishguardian lady. We began chatting and she, without any prompting, volunteered to show me how to knit. Having absolutely no interest in knitting I, of course, said "I would LOVE to learn how to knit!". She proceeded to teach me and by the time I got off the bus I had yarn fever. I knitted for the next three days straight, producing a rather awkward and uneven scarf which I wore proudly.  Then went home and proceeded to quickly forget everything she had taught me (which I really regret). I haven't touched a knitting needle since but I think of that generous old lady often who unselfishly and unconditionally gave me her time and knowledge without asking for anything in return.

I hope these three facts answered any burning questions you may have had about me. Reading them back they have given you zero information unless you a) Wondered whether I had ever had 'yarn fever', b) Wanted to know if Fishguard, Wales was a good vacation spot or c) Questioned if any one person can make so many bad hair choices (obviously the answer is yes). If you have anything in particular you would like to know leave me a comment below or tweet me your question.  

Until next time, 
Keep Smiling, 
Love Sam x 


Comments

  1. Congrats on starting your new blog, enjoy the journey. Also, I read your blog other than your Mum :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jody - Thank you for your comment (the first every comment on my blog...EVER). I cannot tell you how excited I was when I saw it - I screamed (which in hindsight was ridiculous) and then my boyfriend crashed into the room in a panic shouting "What's happened?". Apparently my excited scream is the same as my 'I'm in pain scream'. I checked out your blog and some of your posts - I can't believe you have never had a pedicure before - you have been missing out! Keep up the good work and thank you soooo much for the comment. It's nice to know those views aren't all my mum (I was getting worried).
      Keep smiling,
      Sam x

      Delete
  2. Having absolutely no interest in knitting I, of course, said "I would LOVE to learn how to knit!"
    I was in stitches! That's absolutely something I would do.
    Glad I have learnt a few things about you (probably the most important, right?), and will keep reading to found out more. In the meantime, hi to your mum who, I know, is reading this comment :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm glad it made you laugh. Like me, you are clearly a people pleaser... especially when it comes to the elderly. She could have asked me to knit her a jumper for her house and I would have done it! These are the most important facts about me, it's all down hill from here. If you have any questions let me know and maybe I'll do a Q and A in the future. I'm sure my mum will happily chip in some questions (as the only other blog reader, haha!).
      Keep Smiling,
      Sam x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts